Browsing back in Suffolk libraries next week
- Credit: Simon Lee Photography
Libraries across Suffolk will be welcoming back visitors for browsing next week.
Customers will be able to check out books inside almost all libraries in the county during the week of Monday, April 12 with the mobile library service also resuming on Monday.
Customers will also be able to book the use of computers in most libraries.
Both customers and staff will still be required to follow safety procedures including social distancing and wearing a face mask, numbers of customers inside the libraries will be restricted to allow people to browse safely.
A spokesperson for Suffolk Libraries said: "The exceptions are Saxmundham Library where browsing and computer use will not return until the library moves from its temporary base to a new building in May.
You may also want to watch:
"Haverhill Library will also be undergoing some refurbishment work this month and therefore browsing and IT booking will return at the end of April.
"Newmarket Library will be operating from a temporary unit in the Guineas Shopping Centre from next week whilst building work is ongoing and will reintroduce browsing on 27 April."
- 1 Work to transform Stowmarket Aldi into 24-hour gym gets underway
- 2 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 3 Wholefoods store offering refill service to be first of its kind in Stowmarket
- 4 All Covid rapid testing centres in Suffolk are shutting down
- 5 New primary and pre-school set for September 2022 opening
- 6 Suffolk bus service improvements plan outlined by council
- 7 Plans for 40 homes in Woolpit and possible primary school extension agreed
- 8 Covid Support Buddies launch to tackle loneliness and give support
- 9 Wet weather expected in Suffolk for second weekend in a row
- 10 Covid jabs now being offered to people aged 38 and 39
Activities and events will not be returning to libraries until June, but online events will continue to be provided, including the Skulduggery in Stowmarket crime author festival later this month.