5 things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
From Halloween events to Strictly Saturdays, here are just some of the great things you can do in Suffolk this weekend.
Halloween on the hills
Get your Halloween costumes on and take a walk through the spooky hills with a family fun Halloween trail near Seckford Hall Hotel in Woodbridge.
Along the trail there will be a pumpkin comedy show, a sing-along with the wicked witch of the east, a Monster Mash party, and you will even get the chance to toast marshmallows by the fire.
Where: Seckford Hills, Woodbridge, Suffolk.
When: Friday, October 15 to Sunday, October 31
Cost: £6.50, tickets can be purchased online
Strictly Saturdays in Bury St Edmunds
- 1 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 2 Winter art trail to bring cheer to the streets of Stowmarket
- 3 5 roadworks to plan your journeys around in Suffolk this week
- 4 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 5 Could you offer these rescue animals a forever home?
- 6 Christmas lighting display the 'spirit' of Stowmarket mum
- 7 Suffolk set to be battered by strong winds as weather warning issued
- 8 Omicron variant will come to Suffolk - county prepares to tackle it
- 9 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 10 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
Take a break from the shopping and try to replicate some dance moves off Strictly Come Dancing at The Apex in Bury St Edmunds.
The theatre offers ballroom, Latin and rock and roll dancing in its upstairs bar as part of its Strictly Saturdays.
Where: The Apex, Bury St Edmunds
When: Saturday, October 23 - 2.30pm-4.30pm
Cost: Free, no booking necessary
Billy Ocean comes to Ipswich
Soul icon Billy Ocean will be performing in Ipswich this weekend as part of his UK tour.
There are only a few tickets left for the concert which will see Ocean performing some of his best known songs.
Where: Ipswich Regent Theatre
When: Saturday, October 23 - 7pm
Cost: Last tickets are still available and can be purchased online for £50.50
Sudbury Rugby Club is hosting an Oktoberfest with a twist.
As well as the typical German beers there will also be bitters, ciders, gin and cocktails on offer.
The four day family-friendly event will also feature live music.
Where: Sudbury Rugby Club
When: Thursday, October 21 to Sunday, October 24
Cost: Free entry, but there is a £2 glass deposit
Walk the Trail of Terror at Colchester Zoo
Expect the unexpected as the Trail of Terror takes over Colchester Zoo after dark.
The trail will be full of rustling bushes, masked monsters and screaming scarers — sure to make you jump at anytime and anywhere.
There will also be food and music for people to enjoy at the end of the trail.
Where: Colchester Zoo
When: Saturday, October 23 - 6.30pm
Cost: £20 and tickets can be booked online