Local non-league clash called off tomorrow after Covid-19 concerns
- Credit: PA
Tomorrow’s Thurlow Nunn Premier Division clash between Stowmarket Town and Ely City has been called off.
Two members of Ely’s squad have shown Covid-19 symptoms and they have taken tests.
It’s not the first time a local football match has been called off because of Covid-19 concerns.
Last month the FA Cup extra preliminary round tie between Newmarket Town and Walsham-le-Willows was cancelled due to one of the away side’s players testing positive for Covid-19. Walsham had to forfeit the tie.
Following that, Bury Town were forced to cancel a scheduled pre-season friendly at home against Braintree Town as the Blues had came up against the infected player during a friendly against Walsham.
You may also want to watch:
In a tweet, Stowmarket Town wished the Ely players in question best wishes and a quick recovery.
On Tuesday, Stowmarket Town’s clash at Woodbridge was called off after the referee was taken ill during the second half.
- 1 Change in pupil premium cut-off date 'cost Suffolk schools £1.1m'
- 2 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 5 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 6 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 7 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: Why these criminals were put behind bars this week
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Measures to tackle Suffolk's 10-year road flooding backlog published