Play World to reopen 'as soon as possible'
- Credit: Archant
Parents in Stowmarket are still waiting to find out when Play World at Mid Suffolk Leisure Centre will reopen.
The large soft play centre in Gainsborough Road has been shut since the start of the coronavirus pandemic in March 2020, with the team at the Mid Suffolk Leisure saying they are "working hard to reopen Play World as soon as possible".
Anselm Gurney, Everyone Active’s contract manager, said: “After a long period of closure, we are delighted to announce that Play World at Mid Suffolk Leisure Centre will reopen on Friday, July 30.
“We’re sorry it has taken so long but we were keen to ensure the facility was fully ready for public use, following the Government’s easing of restrictions on Monday, July 19.
“A deep clean and health and safety checks had to be carried out and high demand for suppliers of those services meant it was not possible to complete those tasks sooner.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope it proves worth the wait for our customers and look forward to welcoming them back to Play World.”
On the Everyone Active - Mid Suffolk Leisure Facebook page, the centre confirmed that though Play World should reopen soon there will be no 'summer Play World' in the school holidays.
- 1 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 2 Lack of drivers having .massive impact' on Suffolk businesses
- 3 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 4 Care homes 'may have to close' over staffing crisis, Suffolk boss warns
- 5 artEast exhibition returns to showcase best of region and beyond
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Campaigners unimpressed by government response to dentist deficit concerns
- 8 5 places to go pumpkin picking in Suffolk and North Essex
- 9 Have you checked out the American cars at Stonham Barns before?
- 10 Tennis Club 'buzzing' after member's role in Raducanu victory
Summer Play World is where a larger area of the centre is opened up for children to enjoy bouncy castles and other inflatables.
On the Facebook page parents also expressed their disappointment that at this stage there are no plans to reopen the popular creche at the facility.
Are you looking for ideas of things to do in the summer holidays? If so take a look at the Mumlife Suffolk Facebook group - here.