5 roadworks to plan your journeys around in Suffolk this week
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
Roadworks are taking place throughout Suffolk this week with diversions announced to take motorists around the routes.
Here are five to plan your journey around.
Spring Road - Ipswich
Spring Road will be closed on Sunday, December 12, while Anglian Water carries out essential roadworks.
A three-mile diversion route will be in place and motorists will have to travel down Foxhall Road as part of the diversion.
London Road - Capel St Mary
London Road, in Capel St Mary, near the A12 will be closed from Monday, December 6 until Friday, December 10.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 4 Companies facing tough recruitment battle in booming jobs market
- 5 Fare dodgers and fraudsters pay £4m to Greater Anglia in 2021
- 6 150 arrests made during Christmas crackdown on drink and drug driving
- 7 Children 'not receiving mental health support'
- 8 Nearly 30% drop in Suffolk dentists taking NHS work
- 9 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 10 Nurseries, pre-schools and primaries see Covid rate rises
The essential works are being carried out by UK Power Networks.
A two and a half-mile diversion route will be in place which is expected to add on around five minutes to people's journeys.
Boulge Road - Boulge
The east Suffolk road will close between Wednesday, December 8, and Thursday, December 9, while Anglian Water carries out roadworks.
There is a seven and a half mile diversion route planned which is estimated to add around 15 minutes to people's journeys.
B1122 - Aldeburgh
Leiston Road will close from 8am on Monday, December 6 until 4pm on Wednesday, December 4, while Suffolk County Council carry out essential roadworks.
A five-mile diversion route will be in place and is expected to take around 10 minutes.
A1302 - Bury St Edmunds
The A1302 in Bury St Edmunds will be closed between 9.30am and 3.30pm on Sunday, December 12, while roadworks are carried out by Suffolk County Council.
A four-mile diversion route has been put in place with motorists using A14 as part of the diversion.