5 roadworks in Suffolk to watch out for this week
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
There are roadworks being carried out throughout Suffolk this week - here's a handful for motorists to plan their journeys around.
A1214 London Road, Ipswich
A lane closure has been put in place in the road connecting Ipswich town centre and the Copdock Interchange for the A12 and A14.
A temporary speed limit has also been introduced, with the lane set to be blocked off until December.
A154 Candlet Road, Felixstowe
You may also want to watch:
Emergency works on one of the roads out of Felixstowe mean motorists could face delays as they travel to and from the A14.
Two-way traffic lights have been set up in Candlet Road and a temporary speed limit has been put in place.
- 1 Lack of drivers having .massive impact' on Suffolk businesses
- 2 Care homes 'may have to close' over staffing crisis, Suffolk boss warns
- 3 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 4 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 5 Campaigners unimpressed by government response to dentist deficit concerns
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 5 places to go pumpkin picking in Suffolk and North Essex
- 8 artEast exhibition returns to showcase best of region and beyond
- 9 Have you checked out the American cars at Stonham Barns before?
- 10 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
The Terrace, Aldeburgh
Work has started in this road near Aldeburgh's High Street and a section of the road is expected to be closed until November.
The partial closure is due to the construction of a nearby home.
Station Road, Little Saxham
Station Road in Little Saxham, near Bury St Edmunds, will be closed until September 24 due to Suffolk County Council works.
There is a nearby business park near the roadworks and the diversion route takes motorists onto the A14.
Palace Street, Newmarket
Newmarket's Rutland Arms Hotel is being demolished and a section of Palace Steet, off High Street, will remain closed until Thursday.
The road will be shut off outside the TK Maxx store.