Broken down freight train blocks travel from Ipswich to Stowmarket
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
Greater Anglia has warned that a broken down freight train between Ipswich and Stowmarket is causing disruption to travel.
All trains traveling from Ipswich to Stowmarket are currently unable to get through, due to a freight train needing rescue at Needham Market.
This is affecting services running from Ipswich to Norwich, Cambridge and Peterborough.
Services from London to Norwich may also be delayed, as they may need to reroute through Cambridge.
A rescue vehicle has been dispatched to clear the line, and bring the stranded train to Ipswich.
There it will be placed into a siding.
Greater Anglia confirm that there are unlikely to be any cancellations or long delays because of this, and they expect normal service to resume over the next couple of hours.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.
- 1 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 2 Winter art trail to bring cheer to the streets of Stowmarket
- 3 5 roadworks to plan your journeys around in Suffolk this week
- 4 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 5 Could you offer these rescue animals a forever home?
- 6 Christmas lighting display the 'spirit' of Stowmarket mum
- 7 Suffolk set to be battered by strong winds as weather warning issued
- 8 Omicron variant will come to Suffolk - county prepares to tackle it
- 9 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 10 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station