Motorcyclist injured in collision on A14 at Stowupland
- Credit: Staff
A motorcyclist was taken to hospital today (Wednesday, June 16) after a collision on the A14 at Stowupland.
Police were called just after 11.15am to the accident at the top of the eastbound slip road at the A1120 junction..
The air ambulance attended as a precaution, but the rider was ultimately taken to hospital by land ambulance, with injuries that are "not believed to be life-threatening or life-changing".
The entire eastbound carriageway was closed initially, before being reduced down to just lane one and the slip road, which both remained closed until 12.35pm. All roads are now clear.
A spokesperson for the East Anglian Ambulance Service NHS Trust said: "EEAST responded to an emergency call shortly before 11.20am regarding an incident on the A14, Stowmarket.
"We sent an ambulance and three rapid response cars to the scene. An East Anglian Air Ambulance also attended. We transported one patient to Ipswich Hospital for further care."
- 1 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 2 Lack of drivers having .massive impact' on Suffolk businesses
- 3 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 4 Care homes 'may have to close' over staffing crisis, Suffolk boss warns
- 5 artEast exhibition returns to showcase best of region and beyond
- 6 Campaigners unimpressed by government response to dentist deficit concerns
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 5 places to go pumpkin picking in Suffolk and North Essex
- 9 5 roadworks in Suffolk to watch out for this week
- 10 Have you checked out the American cars at Stonham Barns before?