Motorists warned of A140 closure due to roundabout upgrade project
- Credit: Suffolk County Council
The A140 at Eye is set to close this weekend as a £3.1million project to install new roundabouts nears completion.
A section of the road from the new northern roundabout, south to Old Ipswich Road in Yaxley, will close from 8pm on Friday so it can be connected to the southern roundabout.
It will be shut to motorists until 5am next Monday.
The highways team at Suffolk County Council has also said other minor roads in Yaxley will be closed as contractors complete the project.
Castleton Way will be closed between the A140 and the Oaksmere Business Park from 5am on Wednesday through to 5am next Monday, while Eye Road will be shut from 5am on Wednesday through to April 23.
Diversions will be in place and clearly signposted for all road closures.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk County Council is upgrading the A140 following a number of reported accidents on the road over the last few years.
- 1 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 2 Lack of drivers having .massive impact' on Suffolk businesses
- 3 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 4 Care homes 'may have to close' over staffing crisis, Suffolk boss warns
- 5 artEast exhibition returns to showcase best of region and beyond
- 6 Campaigners unimpressed by government response to dentist deficit concerns
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 5 places to go pumpkin picking in Suffolk and North Essex
- 9 5 roadworks in Suffolk to watch out for this week
- 10 Have you checked out the American cars at Stonham Barns before?