Road closed as air ambulance called to serious crash off A14
- Credit: Archant/Google Maps
The air ambulance has been called to a serious crash involving two vehicles off the A14 in Stowupland.
Police, firefighters and ambulance service was called to the crash in Church Road at about 11.10am today.
A Suffolk police spokesman said: "One driver has suffered potentially serious leg injuries.
"Fire crews have been called to help with the extraction of one person from their vehicle.
"The air ambulance has been called and a full road closure is currently in place."
The driver was taken to West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds, a police spokesman later confirmed.
The other driver has been injured but the extent of their injuries are not known.
- 1 You could be sitting on a fortune if your surname is on this list
- 2 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 3 Fire almost totally destroys building during blaze at car body workshop
- 4 Fundraiser for off-road wheelchair for boy suffering from rare condition
- 5 New information released after baby girl found dead at recycling centre
- 6 Show homes open doors at Stowmarket development
- 7 Revealed: New rules for maternity patients at Suffolk hospital
- 8 Bury St Edmunds food festival to return for its 10th year
- 9 Festival of Suffolk torch begins journey from Brandon
- 10 Police appeal after woman in 70s suffers serious injuries in crash
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said crews are on scene and assisting with the removal of one person from their vehicle.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "We sent two ambulances, an ambulance officer and East Anglian Air Ambulance.
"One person was taken to West Suffolk Hospital by land ambulance for further care."
In a post on Facebook, Stowmarket police said: "We are currently at the scene of a collision in Church Road, Stowupland.
"The road may be closed for a while, and we are sending vehicles onto Thorney Green to bypass it, and the schools will need to be accessed from the other end."
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.