Readers capture stunning 'pink moon' over Suffolk
- Credit: Jeff Welch
This week photographers across the county will be trying to get the perfect photograph of the pink supermoon as it lights up the sky.
In the early hours of this morning Jeff Welch captured some stunning shots of the 'pink moon' above the Port of Felixstowe looking as though it was glowing.
More of our readers have been sending in their impressive pictures of the supermoon which were taken in Ipswich, Washbrook, and Woodbridge.
Photographers will be happy to know the 'pink moon' will be visible again tonight.
The optimal time to see the moon is just before sunset which is expected to be at around 8.15pm, it will be visible until it sets in the west on Wednesday morning.
You may also want to watch:
It is known as the 'pink moon' because of the pink flowers known as phlox, that bloom in the spring.
Please send any pictures you have taken of the supermoon to email@example.com.
- 1 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 2 Wholefoods store offering refill service to be first of its kind in Stowmarket
- 3 Work to transform Stowmarket Aldi into 24-hour gym gets underway
- 4 New primary and pre-school set for September 2022 opening
- 5 All Covid rapid testing centres in Suffolk are shutting down
- 6 Suffolk bus service improvements plan outlined by council
- 7 Wet weather expected in Suffolk for second weekend in a row
- 8 Covid Support Buddies launch to tackle loneliness and give support
- 9 Plans for 40 homes in Woolpit and possible primary school extension agreed
- 10 Covid jabs now being offered to people aged 38 and 39