Suffolk Premier Cup final will be very different this year, as Lowestoft and Needham find out
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
The 2019-20 Turners Hyundai Suffolk Premier Cup Final will be played over two legs.
Both Lowestoft Town and Needham Market were keen to play a home and away two-legged final, rather than a one-off tie.
The two legs will be played on Tuesday, October 13th and Tuesday, October 20th, with Needham Market having home advantage in the first leg at Bloomfields and the second leg taking place at Crown Meadow.
Both matches will kick-off at 7.30pm in light of the government’s 10pm bar curfew, as will all the other 2019-20 evening county cup finals.
It will be the first time that the final of the Premier Cup, which was first played in the 1958-59 season, has not been played as a one-off match for 40 years.
You may also want to watch:
The Premier Cup Final was played as a two-legged final for eight consecutive seasons from 1973-74 through to 1980-81, with Sudbury Town defeating Felixstowe Town 6-3 on aggregate in the last final.
Lowestoft Town reached the 2019-20 final thanks to a 2-0 victory over Bury Town at Felixstowe & Walton United FC, while Needham Market were 4-1 winners against Stowmarket Town at AFC Sudbury.
- 1 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
- 2 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
- 3 Seven of the best places to get ice cream in Suffolk
- 4 Plans for over 170 new homes near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Sports clubs can get share of £350k pot to restart after lockdown
- 6 Work begins on new shared police and fire station in Stowmarket
- 7 Schools still face uncertainty over Covid for new term
- 8 Dry day for weather - but rain set to return
- 9 Classic car events - were you at these vintage vehicle rallies?
- 10 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood