Huge power cut knocks out electricity to almost 1,000 homes
- Credit: Archant
Almost 1,000 homes are without power this afternoon after a major power cut in Mid Suffolk.
The power cut is currently affecting areas around Stowmarket, Needham Market and Eye.
At its height, more than 2,000 homes were affected but many have since been reconnected.
A UK Power Networks spokesman said: "We were investigating a high voltage overhead electricity line fault which caused a power cut in the local area."
It initially expected to have the power cut resolved between 5pm and 6pm this evening, however that has now been moved to between 10.30pm and 11.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Some homes now have full power.
- 1 Severe delays on A14 following collision between lorry and car
- 2 Suffolk set for dry and sunny day after snowy weekend
- 3 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 4 A143 closed after lorry ploughs into ditch
- 5 Closure of Debenhams stores in Suffolk and north Essex confirmed
- 6 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 7 Are you in our gallery of Guides and Brownies over the years?
- 8 Second blow for high streets as Topshop stores look set to disappear
- 9 Suspected drug dealer charged after police seize £2,000 from car
- 10 Plans to convert pub into takeaway refused