Riding high - did you compete in gymkhanas as a youngster?
- Credit: Archant
Did you belong to a pony club as a youngster, and compete in gymkhanas around Suffolk?
Or did you go along to watch the riders battling it out?
Our latest nostalgic picture gallery looks back to equestrian events around the county in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s.
One of the most unusual photos shows riders wearing fancy dress at Creeting St Mary Show and Gymkhana in August 1979.
And there are also pictures of proud winners showing off their rosettes and trophies after a successful ride.
You may also want to watch:
The word "gymkhana" originally referred to displays of athletics and equestrian events in 19th-century India.
Events where horse and pony riders showed their skills went on to become very popular in the UK, and many were held around East Anglia over the years.
- 1 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 2 Lack of drivers having .massive impact' on Suffolk businesses
- 3 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 4 Care homes 'may have to close' over staffing crisis, Suffolk boss warns
- 5 artEast exhibition returns to showcase best of region and beyond
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Campaigners unimpressed by government response to dentist deficit concerns
- 8 5 places to go pumpkin picking in Suffolk and North Essex
- 9 Have you checked out the American cars at Stonham Barns before?
- 10 Tennis Club 'buzzing' after member's role in Raducanu victory
To order copies of photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.