Do you remember royal visit and World Cup fever at 2002 Suffolk Show?
- Credit: Clifford Hicks/Archant
On the day the Suffolk Show should have opened, we are looking back to the event from 2002, including a royal visit and World Cup celebrations.
In the Queen's Golden Jubilee year, the show welcomed a visit from Princess Alexandra.
The princess was delayed due to traffic gridlock, but spent more than two hours visiting the show's cattle enclosures, chatting to farmers and visiting demonstrations.
The show was extra special in 2002 because the previous year's event had been cancelled due to the foot-and-mouth outbreak.
So its return caused added excitement, just as there will be for the show's return next year.
You may also want to watch:
Unusually, the 2002 show was held on Thursday and Friday.
And there was added excitement on Friday morning when visitors were able to celebrate England's victory over Argentina in the World Cup, taking place in Japan.
To order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 2 Lack of drivers having .massive impact' on Suffolk businesses
- 3 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 4 Care homes 'may have to close' over staffing crisis, Suffolk boss warns
- 5 artEast exhibition returns to showcase best of region and beyond
- 6 Campaigners unimpressed by government response to dentist deficit concerns
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 5 places to go pumpkin picking in Suffolk and North Essex
- 9 5 roadworks in Suffolk to watch out for this week
- 10 Have you checked out the American cars at Stonham Barns before?