New cafe at popular Suffolk beauty spot
- Credit: Mid Suffolk District Council
A new cafe and visitor centre is to be built at Suffolk's popular Needham Lake beauty spot - in a bid to draw even more people to the popular tourist attraction.
The site is already one of the county's best countryside attractions and home to a variety of wildlife.
The new cafe and visitor centre, built by SEH French Ltd, "will not only enhance the visitor experience but will also add to Needham Lake’s already great reputation", said Julie Flatman, Mid Suffolk District Council's cabinet member for communities, health, and wellbeing.
The new building has been designed to complement the surrounding natural environment and includes green features such as solar panels, sustainable drainage and air source heat pumps.
It will be run by the team behind the popular Cabbages and Kings café at The Mix, in Stowmarket, and offer a seasonal menu of refreshments, snacks and hot meals, as well as ice-creams and cakes.
You may also want to watch:
Keith Myers, manager of Cabbages and Kings, said: "Over the summer we operated a refreshment kiosk and enjoyed getting to know many of the regular visitors.
"We are looking forward to welcoming residents and visitors to enjoy the new café facilities.”
- 1 Change in pupil premium cut-off date 'cost Suffolk schools £1.1m'
- 2 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 5 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 6 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 7 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: Why these criminals were put behind bars this week
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Measures to tackle Suffolk's 10-year road flooding backlog published