Stonham Barns owner braves chest wax for charity
- Credit: Archant
The owner of Stonham Barns, Alan Forward, has raised almost £700 after having his chest waxed for charity.
Mr Forward decided to brave the wax recently to support the National Autistic Society for World Autism Awareness Week earlier this month.
The initiative has so far raised a total of £684 for the charity.
It is a cause that is close to Mr Forward’s heart as his own grandson, 8-year-old Jack, has autism.
Staff from The Beauty Barn, at Stonham Barns, were on hand to perform the delicate procedure.
After the wax Mr Forward thanked those who had helped with the event.
Mr Forward said: “They told me that waxing is one of the more uncomfortable parts of the modern beauty regime. Well, they were right but I was happy to do it for a great cause.
- 1 Man arrested for possession of imitation firearm after fight in Stowmarket
- 2 Suffolk organisations share £113,000 funding pot
- 3 1 in 10 young people in Suffolk self-harm study finds
- 4 How Suffolk and Essex groups can apply for community fridge funding
- 5 Suffolk's Covid cases rise by almost 20% in a week
- 6 Dental school in Suffolk could help improve services
- 7 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 8 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 9 NHS dental blitz to help those in urgent need
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
“I’m delighted that so many people have helped us raise money for such a great cause.”