Stonham Barns owner braves chest wax for charity
- Credit: Archant
The owner of Stonham Barns, Alan Forward, has raised almost £700 after having his chest waxed for charity.
Mr Forward decided to brave the wax recently to support the National Autistic Society for World Autism Awareness Week earlier this month.
The initiative has so far raised a total of £684 for the charity.
It is a cause that is close to Mr Forward’s heart as his own grandson, 8-year-old Jack, has autism.
Staff from The Beauty Barn, at Stonham Barns, were on hand to perform the delicate procedure.
You may also want to watch:
After the wax Mr Forward thanked those who had helped with the event.
Mr Forward said: “They told me that waxing is one of the more uncomfortable parts of the modern beauty regime. Well, they were right but I was happy to do it for a great cause.
- 1 Change in pupil premium cut-off date 'cost Suffolk schools £1.1m'
- 2 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 5 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 6 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 7 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: Why these criminals were put behind bars this week
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Measures to tackle Suffolk's 10-year road flooding backlog published
“I’m delighted that so many people have helped us raise money for such a great cause.”