Stonham Barns owner braves chest wax for charity
- Credit: Archant
The owner of Stonham Barns, Alan Forward, has raised almost £700 after having his chest waxed for charity.
Mr Forward decided to brave the wax recently to support the National Autistic Society for World Autism Awareness Week earlier this month.
The initiative has so far raised a total of £684 for the charity.
It is a cause that is close to Mr Forward’s heart as his own grandson, 8-year-old Jack, has autism.
Staff from The Beauty Barn, at Stonham Barns, were on hand to perform the delicate procedure.
You may also want to watch:
After the wax Mr Forward thanked those who had helped with the event.
Mr Forward said: “They told me that waxing is one of the more uncomfortable parts of the modern beauty regime. Well, they were right but I was happy to do it for a great cause.
- 1 Severe delays on A14 following collision between lorry and car
- 2 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 3 Suffolk set for dry and sunny day after snowy weekend
- 4 A143 closed after lorry ploughs into ditch
- 5 Closure of Debenhams stores in Suffolk and north Essex confirmed
- 6 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 7 Are you in our gallery of Guides and Brownies over the years?
- 8 Second blow for high streets as Topshop stores look set to disappear
- 9 Suspected drug dealer charged after police seize £2,000 from car
- 10 Plans to convert pub into takeaway refused
“I’m delighted that so many people have helped us raise money for such a great cause.”