Stonham Barns owner braves chest wax for charity
- Credit: Archant
The owner of Stonham Barns, Alan Forward, has raised almost £700 after having his chest waxed for charity.
Mr Forward decided to brave the wax recently to support the National Autistic Society for World Autism Awareness Week earlier this month.
The initiative has so far raised a total of £684 for the charity.
It is a cause that is close to Mr Forward’s heart as his own grandson, 8-year-old Jack, has autism.
Staff from The Beauty Barn, at Stonham Barns, were on hand to perform the delicate procedure.
You may also want to watch:
After the wax Mr Forward thanked those who had helped with the event.
Mr Forward said: “They told me that waxing is one of the more uncomfortable parts of the modern beauty regime. Well, they were right but I was happy to do it for a great cause.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 3 Ice skating and real-life reindeer at new festive fayre
- 4 How you can win thousands of pounds of books for your school
- 5 Woman, 85, has 'appalling' three hour wait for ambulance
- 6 Region eagerly awaits the arrival of world's top cycling talent
- 7 Stowmarket man accused of arson after allegedly damaging drain cover
- 8 411 'paranormal sightings' reported in Suffolk
- 9 Tesco workers 'surprised' by pandemic portraits
- 10 Get a taste of time travel at the Stonham Barns Viking Festival
“I’m delighted that so many people have helped us raise money for such a great cause.”