Stonham Barns owner braves chest wax for charity
- Credit: Archant
The owner of Stonham Barns, Alan Forward, has raised almost £700 after having his chest waxed for charity.
Mr Forward decided to brave the wax recently to support the National Autistic Society for World Autism Awareness Week earlier this month.
The initiative has so far raised a total of £684 for the charity.
It is a cause that is close to Mr Forward’s heart as his own grandson, 8-year-old Jack, has autism.
Staff from The Beauty Barn, at Stonham Barns, were on hand to perform the delicate procedure.
You may also want to watch:
After the wax Mr Forward thanked those who had helped with the event.
Mr Forward said: “They told me that waxing is one of the more uncomfortable parts of the modern beauty regime. Well, they were right but I was happy to do it for a great cause.
- 1 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
- 2 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
- 3 Seven of the best places to get ice cream in Suffolk
- 4 Plans for over 170 new homes near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Sports clubs can get share of £350k pot to restart after lockdown
- 6 Work begins on new shared police and fire station in Stowmarket
- 7 Schools still face uncertainty over Covid for new term
- 8 Dry day for weather - but rain set to return
- 9 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 10 Classic car events - were you at these vintage vehicle rallies?
“I’m delighted that so many people have helped us raise money for such a great cause.”