Work starts on Orbit's affordable homes at Marham Park
- Credit: Genesis
Work has started on building 63 affordable homes at the Marham Park site in Bury St Edmunds.
The Orbit Homes scheme, called Wellington Place, will be a mixture of shared ownership and social rent properties.
This is in addition to the 28 affordable homes currently under construction by Orbit in nearby Elmswell.
Ray Winney, construction director for Orbit Homes in the east region, said: “Our priority is to build thriving communities which also meet the housing needs of the local area.”
The properties are expected to be occupied from early 2022, with the project completed in summer 2023.
You may also want to watch:
Early reservations will be available from October this year and show home viewings will take place from January 2022. Social rent properties will be allocated via the local housing authority.
At Orbit’s Spring Grove development in Emswell works have started to deliver 60 new homes; 13 properties will be available through shared ownership, 15 are for affordable rent and 32 are available for open market sale.
- 1 Work to transform Stowmarket Aldi into 24-hour gym gets underway
- 2 Wholefoods store offering refill service to be first of its kind in Stowmarket
- 3 New primary and pre-school set for September 2022 opening
- 4 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 5 All Covid rapid testing centres in Suffolk are shutting down
- 6 Suffolk bus service improvements plan outlined by council
- 7 Wet weather expected in Suffolk for second weekend in a row
- 8 Plans for 40 homes in Woolpit and possible primary school extension agreed
- 9 Covid Support Buddies launch to tackle loneliness and give support
- 10 Covid jabs now being offered to people aged 38 and 39
First occupation will also take place early 2022 with show homes launching in January 2022.
To register interest for any of these shared ownership or open market sale properties please email here.