West Suffolk Hospital records first death of Covid patient in four months
- Credit: PA
West Suffolk Hospital has recorded its first coronavirus related death in several months.
According to NHS data, one person died at the hospital on July 11.
Previously, the hospital had not recorded any Covid related deaths since March 16.
The East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust, which runs Ipswich and Colchester hospitals, has not recorded a coronavirus death since May 21.
Outside of hospitals no person had died in Suffolk within 28 days of a coronavirus test since June 2.
You may also want to watch:
West Suffolk Hospital has been contacted for comment.
- 1 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
- 2 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
- 3 Seven of the best places to get ice cream in Suffolk
- 4 Plans for over 170 new homes near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Sports clubs can get share of £350k pot to restart after lockdown
- 6 Work begins on new shared police and fire station in Stowmarket
- 7 Schools still face uncertainty over Covid for new term
- 8 Dry day for weather - but rain set to return
- 9 Met Office issues yellow weather warning for strong winds across Suffolk
- 10 Classic car events - were you at these vintage vehicle rallies?