Revealed: Hotspots of coronavirus in Suffolk as infections rise
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
Belstead Hills in Ipswich is currently the biggest hotspot for Covid-19 cases in Suffolk - but other towns are also seeing a rise in cases.
Areas in both Bury St Edmunds and Sudbury have now moved into the top 10, alongside a number of Ipswich districts.
Belstead Hills currently has 994.3 coronavirus cases per 100,000 people according to government figures - the highest in Suffolk.
These cases were all recorded in the seven days up to January 5.
But the area is closed followed by Gainsborough, Greenwich and Orwell as well as Fornham, Great Barton and Rougham, which have seen 903.3 and 901.9 positive tests per 100,000 people respectively.
Despite the highest spots being centred around Ipswich, Felixstowe Seafront currently has the fourth highest hotspot - with 899.1 cases per 100,000 people - and Sudbury now has 890.6 cases per 100,000 residents.
The statistics come as it was reported that up to one in 100 people in Suffolk have Covid-19.
The full top (cases per 100,000 people):
- 1 Schools 'well versed' and ready for March 8 reopening, headteachers say
- 2 Plan for 28 homes in village gets go-ahead
- 3 £657k cost rise feared as fresh operator planned for 40 school bus contracts
- 4 Man who petrol bombed house in 'revenge attack' is jailed
- 5 Estate agents hail idea of extension to stamp duty cut as 'shot in the arm'
- 6 Fundraiser Dianne sells jam to help hedgehog charity
- 7 Suffolk events going ahead this summer which you can enjoy
- 8 A140 closed this weekend to connect road to new roundabout
- 9 How many Covid-19 vaccines are being administered in Suffolk each week?
- 10 Unemployment at five year high - but region braced for worse to come
- Belstead Hills - 944.3
- Gainsborough, Greenwich and Orwell - 903.3
- Fornham, Great Barton and Rougham - 901.9
- Felixstowe Seafront - 899.1
- Sudbury - 890.6
- Christchurch Park - 843
- Whitehouse - 830.1
- Leavenheath, Nayland and Boxford - 780.5
- Broke Hall - 754.2
- Stoke Park - 746.5