Pair deny drugs charges and will face trial
- Credit: Archant
A man and woman have denied drugs charges and will face a trial before magistrates in November.
Marcus Mayhew, 32, and Shannon Jones, 21, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Tuesday for a short preliminary hearing.
Mayhew, who appeared via video link from Peterborough prison, pleaded not guilty to being concerned in the supply of amphetamine, and possessing cannabis on February 19 this year in Stowupland, near Stowmarket.
Jones, of Gainsborough Road, Stowmarket, also denied being concerned in the supply of amphetamine, possessing amphetamine and possessing cannabis also on February 19 in Stowupland.
Magistrates accepted jurisdiction for the case and both Mayhew and Jones opted for the case to be heard at Suffolk Magistrates' Court.
The pair, who were represented by solicitor Declan Gallagher, will appear for trial on November 1.
- 1 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 2 Lack of drivers having .massive impact' on Suffolk businesses
- 3 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 4 Care homes 'may have to close' over staffing crisis, Suffolk boss warns
- 5 artEast exhibition returns to showcase best of region and beyond
- 6 Campaigners unimpressed by government response to dentist deficit concerns
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 5 places to go pumpkin picking in Suffolk and North Essex
- 9 5 roadworks in Suffolk to watch out for this week
- 10 Have you checked out the American cars at Stonham Barns before?