Drunk driver who forgot to turn headlights on is banned
- Credit: Archant
A Needham Market woman was caught drink-driving after being pulled over by police because she did not have her lights on.
Loren Creasey, 27, was behind the wheel of a Toyota Yaris in Ipswich on August 5 this year when she was stopped by officers, Suffolk Magistrates' Court heard.
Creasey was seen by officers on Queen's Way just after midnight without her lights on, Wayne Ablett, prosecuting, told the court.
She told officers she had consumed two glasses of wine and then failed a roadside breath test.
Creasey, of Stowmarket Road, Needham Market, was arrested and gave an evidential sample of 60 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath.
The legal limit is 35mcg in 100ml of breath.
David Allan, representing Creasey, said she had been at a friend's house and had forgotten to put her lights on as she left.
- 1 Feedback sought on Stowmarket retirement project that would create 155 jobs
- 2 Peregrine falcon put down after being illegally trapped and shot in Suffolk
- 3 20 homes in mid Suffolk set for green light despite parish council concerns
- 4 Litter problem creating image Suffolk is a 'dirty county', tourism chiefs fear
- 5 Suffolk's mental health to be examined in major survey
- 6 Hospice officially opens new Stowmarket coffee shop
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: the criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 New information released after baby girl found dead at recycling centre
- 9 Fundraiser for off-road wheelchair for boy suffering from rare condition
- 10 Metal detectorist unearths 570-year old rare spoon
He added she expressed remorse for her actions.
Magistrates banned Creasey from the road for 17 months and fined her £120 on Thursday.
She was also ordered to pay £105 in court costs and a victim surcharge of £34.
Magistrates also offered Creasey the opportunity to take a drink-drive rehabilitation course which would reduce her ban by 17 weeks if completed in time.