11 parks across Suffolk win Green Flag award
- Credit: East Suffolk Council
A number of Suffolk parks and nature reserves have been awarded a Green Flag award.
Alton Water, the Abbey Gardens and Felixstowe Seafront Gardens are among the 11 parks and green spaces in Suffolk to have been recognised by the awards.
The awards which is run by the environmental charity Keep Britain Tidy unveiled the 2,127 winning parks across the UK with 11 of those being in Suffolk.
The Green Flag Awards have been running since 1996, and recognise the "hard work of managers, staff and volunteers" who manage green spaces.
The 11 parks awarded the Green Flag award are:
You may also want to watch:
- Bourne Park
- Christchurch Park
- Felixstowe Seafront Gardens
- Alton Water
- Holywells Park
- Aspal Close
- Brandon Country Park
- East Town Park
- Nowton Park
- Abbey Gardens
- West Stow Country Park and Anglo Saxon Village
- 1 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 2 Ice skating and real-life reindeer at new festive fayre
- 3 Number of schools with extra Covid precautions rises to 12
- 4 See the faces of the criminals who were jailed in Suffolk in the last week
- 5 Man, 35, jailed for assaults and throwing card reader through glass window
- 6 Tesco workers 'surprised' by pandemic portraits
- 7 Hate crime rises in Suffolk and Essex as national figures hit record high
- 8 Suffolk man found with 'extreme' pornographic images
- 9 How you can win thousands of pounds of books for your school
- 10 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash