Look inside historic 6-bedroom home in village setting
- Credit: Jim Tanfield/Inscope Images
This historic six-bedroom country house in the village of Brome, near Eye, has gone on the market for £895,000.
Believed to date from the late 1600s, Chequers has around 2.7 acres of grounds, including woodland and lawned gardens.
It is on the market with Jackson-Stops in Ipswich, after having been in the ownership of the same family for nearly 65 years.
The home has many original features including impressive exposed beams, but is not listed.
Its accommodation covers 3,763 sq ft, including three reception rooms, a playroom and study.
You may also want to watch:
On the first floor, the master bedroom has a dressing room which could be adapted to incorporate an en-suite. There are also five further double bedrooms, a family bathroom and a modern shower room.
The main driveway to the house opens off the A140, and there is a garage, parking and turning area, as well as an enclosed, shingled courtyard.
- 1 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 2 Lack of drivers having .massive impact' on Suffolk businesses
- 3 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 4 Care homes 'may have to close' over staffing crisis, Suffolk boss warns
- 5 artEast exhibition returns to showcase best of region and beyond
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 5 places to go pumpkin picking in Suffolk and North Essex
- 8 Have you checked out the American cars at Stonham Barns before?
- 9 7 great events being held in Suffolk this weekend
- 10 Campaigners unimpressed by government response to dentist deficit concerns
A multi-purpose studio/games room, including a cloakroom and the utility/laundry room for the main house, could potentially be converted into an annexe.
For more details, contact Jackson-Stops in Ipswich on 01473 218218.