So much talent! Did you take part in these contests from 1980s to 2000s?
- Credit: Phil Morley/Archant
Have you ever taken the stage at a talent show in Suffolk?
Long before the current crop of TV shows like The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent, many budding stars were busy taking part in homegrown contests.
Schools have often staged their own talent shows, while other events have been held in village halls, clubs and other venues.
Our latest Days Gone By gallery features some of these events from the 1980s right through to the 2000s.
They include a Battle of the Bands at Bacton Middle School and a talent show at Kingsfleet Primary School in Felixstowe.
You may also want to watch:
Are you or a friend or family member among the young musicians, singers, comedians and dancers in these photos?
If you have memories of talent contests, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To order copies of photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
- 2 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
- 3 Plans for over 170 new homes near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Schools still face uncertainty over Covid for new term
- 5 Seven of the best places to get ice cream in Suffolk
- 6 Work begins on new shared police and fire station in Stowmarket
- 7 Sports clubs can get share of £350k pot to restart after lockdown
- 8 Classic car events - were you at these vintage vehicle rallies?
- 9 Call for action as overgrown hedges block path in Stowmarket
- 10 7 roadworks in Suffolk to be aware of this week