So much talent! Did you take part in these contests from 1980s to 2000s?
- Credit: Phil Morley/Archant
Have you ever taken the stage at a talent show in Suffolk?
Long before the current crop of TV shows like The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent, many budding stars were busy taking part in homegrown contests.
Schools have often staged their own talent shows, while other events have been held in village halls, clubs and other venues.
Our latest Days Gone By gallery features some of these events from the 1980s right through to the 2000s.
They include a Battle of the Bands at Bacton Middle School and a talent show at Kingsfleet Primary School in Felixstowe.
You may also want to watch:
Are you or a friend or family member among the young musicians, singers, comedians and dancers in these photos?
If you have memories of talent contests, email email@example.com
To order copies of photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Change in pupil premium cut-off date 'cost Suffolk schools £1.1m'
- 2 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 5 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 6 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 7 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: Why these criminals were put behind bars this week
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Measures to tackle Suffolk's 10-year road flooding backlog published