Memories of two country fairs - were you there?
- Credit: Archant
Do you remember these two fairs in Stowmarket?
Today we are looking back to a country fair at the Museum of East Anglian Life in 1979, where people of all ages went along to enjoy the fun.
And we also have photos of another event in the town in 1993, when a country music-themed festival and fun day was staged.
At the 1970s event, there were performances of old-style country dances.
The event also included a fairground with traditional rides, as well as a chance to climb aboard vintage tractors.
The 1993 event again featured dancing - this time a barn dance.
There was also the chance for youngsters to have fun with some inflatable hammers.
If these photos bring back memories, email email@example.com
To order copies of photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Lack of drivers having .massive impact' on Suffolk businesses
- 2 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 3 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 4 Care homes 'may have to close' over staffing crisis, Suffolk boss warns
- 5 artEast exhibition returns to showcase best of region and beyond
- 6 Campaigners unimpressed by government response to dentist deficit concerns
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 5 places to go pumpkin picking in Suffolk and North Essex
- 9 5 roadworks in Suffolk to watch out for this week
- 10 Have you checked out the American cars at Stonham Barns before?