Memories of two country fairs - were you there?
- Credit: Archant
Do you remember these two fairs in Stowmarket?
Today we are looking back to a country fair at the Museum of East Anglian Life in 1979, where people of all ages went along to enjoy the fun.
And we also have photos of another event in the town in 1993, when a country music-themed festival and fun day was staged.
At the 1970s event, there were performances of old-style country dances.
The event also included a fairground with traditional rides, as well as a chance to climb aboard vintage tractors.
The 1993 event again featured dancing - this time a barn dance.
There was also the chance for youngsters to have fun with some inflatable hammers.
If these photos bring back memories, email email@example.com
To order copies of photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Weather warning for Suffolk this week with thunderstorms predicted
- 2 71% of people want Covid restrictions to remain after June 21 - survey
- 3 Did you do a litter-pick this weekend? Spot yourself in our Suffolk Clean Sweep gallery
- 4 Plans for 44 homes submitted for Elmswell farmland
- 5 It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win
- 6 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 7 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 8 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 9 What has changed in Stowmarket over the last year?
- 10 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia