Can you spot yourself in these netball photos from the 1970s and 80s?
- Credit: Archant
Did you play netball in Ipswich or around Suffolk during the 1970s and 80s?
Or were you one of the parents and supporters cheering from the sidelines?
If either applies, you might spot a few familiar faces in today's Days Gone By gallery.
For many girls, netball lessons were a highpoint of their schooldays - but others will remember being the last one to be chosen for teams, and struggling to get a touch of the ball.
Netball started out as an adaptation of basketball, and was first played in the UK in 1895.
It became an increasingly popular women's sport from the early 20th century onwards, and it has been estimated that more than 280,000 people took part in netball in the UK during 2020.
The game was recognised by the International Olympic Committee in 1995, but hasn't actually been included in the Olympic Games as yet.
- 1 Plan for 28 homes in village gets go-ahead
- 2 Schools 'well versed' and ready for March 8 reopening, headteachers say
- 3 £657k cost rise feared as fresh operator planned for 40 school bus contracts
- 4 Man who petrol bombed house in 'revenge attack' is jailed
- 5 Estate agents hail idea of extension to stamp duty cut as 'shot in the arm'
- 6 Fundraiser Dianne sells jam to help hedgehog charity
- 7 Suffolk events going ahead this summer which you can enjoy
- 8 A140 closed this weekend to connect road to new roundabout
- 9 How many Covid-19 vaccines are being administered in Suffolk each week?
- 10 16 Suffolk towns to get rapid Covid test facilities - here's where
If these photos bring back memories, email email@example.com
To order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.