Do you remember Saturday morning pictures in Suffolk?
- Credit: John Kerr/Archant
Cinemas have changed massively over the years, from single screens to multiplexes.
As film fans wait for cinemas to reopen after lockdown, today we are looking back at some of the area's much-loved venues in years gone by.
Were you a regular at the Saturday morning pictures as a child?
Various local cinemas not only showed films, but also had club activities for the youngsters who attended.
The ABC in Ipswich is one of the popular cinemas featured in our Days Gone By gallery.
You may also want to watch:
Originally built as the Ritz cinema in 1937, it was in the Buttermarket and was renamed as the ABC in 1962. It closed in 1986 and was demolished a couple of years later.
What films did you enjoy seeing at the ABC and the other cinemas featured here?
If these photos bring back memories, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can order photos via our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Work to transform Stowmarket Aldi into 24-hour gym gets underway
- 2 Wholefoods store offering refill service to be first of its kind in Stowmarket
- 3 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 4 New primary and pre-school set for September 2022 opening
- 5 All Covid rapid testing centres in Suffolk are shutting down
- 6 Suffolk bus service improvements plan outlined by council
- 7 Wet weather expected in Suffolk for second weekend in a row
- 8 Plans for 40 homes in Woolpit and possible primary school extension agreed
- 9 Covid Support Buddies launch to tackle loneliness and give support
- 10 Covid jabs now being offered to people aged 38 and 39