Do you remember Saturday morning pictures in Suffolk?
- Credit: John Kerr/Archant
Cinemas have changed massively over the years, from single screens to multiplexes.
As film fans wait for cinemas to reopen after lockdown, today we are looking back at some of the area's much-loved venues in years gone by.
Were you a regular at the Saturday morning pictures as a child?
Various local cinemas not only showed films, but also had club activities for the youngsters who attended.
The ABC in Ipswich is one of the popular cinemas featured in our Days Gone By gallery.
You may also want to watch:
Originally built as the Ritz cinema in 1937, it was in the Buttermarket and was renamed as the ABC in 1962. It closed in 1986 and was demolished a couple of years later.
What films did you enjoy seeing at the ABC and the other cinemas featured here?
If these photos bring back memories, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can order photos via our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Get lost in two sunflower mazes at this Suffolk farm
- 2 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
- 3 Seven of the best places to get ice cream in Suffolk
- 4 Plans for over 170 new homes near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Sports clubs can get share of £350k pot to restart after lockdown
- 6 Work begins on new shared police and fire station in Stowmarket
- 7 Schools still face uncertainty over Covid for new term
- 8 Dry day for weather - but rain set to return
- 9 Classic car events - were you at these vintage vehicle rallies?
- 10 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood