Do you remember Saturday morning pictures in Suffolk?
- Credit: John Kerr/Archant
Cinemas have changed massively over the years, from single screens to multiplexes.
As film fans wait for cinemas to reopen after lockdown, today we are looking back at some of the area's much-loved venues in years gone by.
Were you a regular at the Saturday morning pictures as a child?
Various local cinemas not only showed films, but also had club activities for the youngsters who attended.
The ABC in Ipswich is one of the popular cinemas featured in our Days Gone By gallery.
You may also want to watch:
Originally built as the Ritz cinema in 1937, it was in the Buttermarket and was renamed as the ABC in 1962. It closed in 1986 and was demolished a couple of years later.
What films did you enjoy seeing at the ABC and the other cinemas featured here?
If these photos bring back memories, email email@example.com
You can order photos via our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 3 Ice skating and real-life reindeer at new festive fayre
- 4 How you can win thousands of pounds of books for your school
- 5 411 'paranormal sightings' reported in Suffolk
- 6 Woman, 85, has 'appalling' three hour wait for ambulance
- 7 Region eagerly awaits the arrival of world's top cycling talent
- 8 Stowmarket man accused of arson after allegedly damaging drain cover
- 9 Tesco workers 'surprised' by pandemic portraits
- 10 Get a taste of time travel at the Stonham Barns Viking Festival